The LEGO Group released a new app last week and I just discovered it today called LEGO Friends Story Maker. The description on the Apple app store says:
Designed for creative minds of all ages, LEGO Friends Story Maker offers hours of LEGO fun.
Become the author of beautiful multimedia stories using simple tools like drag & drop, stamps, voice recording, backgrounds, frames, and page captions. You can even take pictures of your own amazing creations to capture stories as you build!
* Mix and match 100+ Sets, Friends, pets and accessories for limitless storytelling fun!
* Choose from 10+ Heartlake City page backgrounds, or take a photo of your own scene.
* Drag and drop Mia, Emma, Andrea, Stephanie, Olivia, and others.
* Rotate and scale your favorite sets and accessories just the way you want
* Choose from five different stamps – music, butterfly, pawprint, heart, and star.
* Decorate each page with one of 10 colorful frames.
* Manage page order, edit & delete pages, and add new pages using the nifty Book Manager.
* Record voice for each page for a rich storytelling experience.
* Type text and choose from seven colors.
* Publish your story to iBooks so friends and family can experience them.
The app will only work with iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4 and iPad mini. Luckily, my iPad 2 will run it so I’ll have to download it this weekend and give it a whirl with my daughter. Have you tried it out? Let us know what you think in the comments!